Booking for Sundays
Welcome to the St John's Sunday meeting booking form!
Please note: Bookings for each Sunday will open at 5pm on Wednesday, and close at 5pm on Friday. If you are on the waiting list for one Sunday, you will receive a priority booking email on a Monday to allow you to book before general bookings open.
If you attended our Sunday gathering last week and are not serving this week, please can we encourage you to book on the waiting list. You'll then get priority for the following week.
We're pleased that we are able to meet physically in the Church building on Sunday mornings. However, in order to maintain social distancing, we will need to limit the number of people attending each meeting. Therefore, we are asking that you book before you arrive. We will also store your contact details for 21 days to assist with NHS Test and Trace (this data will only be held for 21 days and not used for other reasons).
Remember: in line with Government guidelines please do not book if you or anyone in your household have any Covid symptoms, or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace. We also recommend that those who are clinically vulnerable (eg over 70) should be extra careful, and those who are clinically extremely vulnerable join us online but not in person. Please click here to watch online.
Please note that face coverings are mandatory unless you are exempt.
Please do take a few minutes to watch our "Returning to the church building" video:
Please contact the if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we are asking you to book in advance, as capacity is limited by social distancing. We also need to collect details to assist with NHS Test and Trace.
Will I be able to attend every week?
Unfortunately our capacity will be severely restricted by social distancing requirements, so until restrictions ease or we are able to create any extra capacity, we expect people to be able to attend alternate Sundays.
Is there any advantage to joining the waiting list?
If all places for this Sunday have gone, we strongly encourage you to join the waiting list; not only does this mean we can invite you should a place become available, but you will receive priority booking for the following Sunday.
What are the rules on socialising before and after church?
- Please aim to arrive at least 20 minutes early, to allow time for everyone to wash hands and enter the building.
- Please follow instructions from the car parking, welcome and staff teams. The main car park will be available to use but capacity on the drive next to the green will be reduced. If possible, please do consider walking or cycling to church.
- Entrance for our Sunday gatherings will be by the north porch (the big doors by the green); please queue on the green, and observe the markings to maintain social distancing.
- You will need to put your face covering on as you enter the church building, and there will be handwash stations to wash your hands.
- A member of the welcome team will show you to a seat. The chairs will be arranged in rows of 5; each row of 5 can safely accommodate 2 individuals sat at either end, or a household of between 2 and 5.
- Please follow the service leader's instructions for departure.
- Young people and children of all ages are very welcome to attend. At this stage, unfortunately we are not able to run youth and children's groups in the church centre on Sundays.
- If bringing children to church, we recommend you bring a quiet activity which can occupy them if necessary. Children can briefly be taken out into the church centre and then brought back into church.
- The Ark will be continuing online for now, and this can be watched at any time from 10.30am on Sunday.
- We hope to restart some children's groups after half term, depending on government and Church of England guidelines.
- Youth notes will be available to download from the video stream page; there will also be a one-off online Rock Solid session on Sunday 20th September.
- Our new midweek Youth Service will be starting on Wednesday 30th September.
Please head to Reception for advice, being particularly careful to socially distance.